Media and Entertainment webinars – The full programme
Interactive Entertainment: Cloud Gaming
Our international Interactive Entertainment team will be focussing on the many issues this disruptive model and technology presents, including:
- market impact (with keynote speaker Candice Mudrick, Head of Market Analysis at NewZoo)
- subscription models
- competition issues, and
- legal and digital regulatory issues to be aware of in the coming year.
Time & date: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 16:30 – 17:45
Broadcast, Production and Digital Content: The Future of TV
Our international Broadcast, Production and Digital Content team will be focusing on:
- the impact of the pandemic on the sector
- technological shifts and market trends driving transformation in the sector
- M&A trends, and
- legal and regulatory issues to be aware of in the coming year.
Time & date: Thursday 18 March 2021, 09:00 – 10:00
Advertising: The future of AdTech
Our international AdTech team will discuss recent changes and challenges to the AdTech sector and online digital marketing generally, including:
- demystifying how the AdTech ecosystem works
- the legal concerns associated with the use of AdTech
- recent attempts by regulators and browser/operating system providers to change and regulate the industry, and
- the issues to be considered by advertisers in their contractual arrangements with AdTech providers.
Time & date: Tuesday 13 April 2021, 09:00 – 10:00
Digital Commerce, Platforms and Social Media: Online Harms
Our international Digital Commerce, Platforms and Social Media team will be focusing on how online harms laws and related proposals are transforming the way in which user-generated content platforms are expected to keep users safe, including a look at the impact of:
- the UK Online Harms Bill,
- the AVMSD, and
- the EU Digital Services Act proposals.
Time & date: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 09:00 – 10:00
Sport: The sports industry post-2020
Our international Sports law team will be focusing on key issues for sport in light of the pandemic and Brexit, including:
- freedom of movement of players and staff,
- the use of data in sports,
- monetizing sports venues (including stadiums), and
- associated health and safety issues.
Time & date: Thursday 3 June 2021, 09:00 – 10:00
Publishing: The Future of Publishing
Our international Publishing team will be focussing on current and future issues impacting the publishing sector including:
- monetization (advertising and subscription models),
- new regulation (including the Copyright Directive)
- increasing digitalisation in the sector, and
Time & date: Wednesday 7 July 2021, 09:00 – 10:00